Monday, September 3, 2007

I Love a Parade


"I love a parade" - Grams


Nothing quite like a Labor Day parade in Milford, NH with a presidential election on the horizon. This year we had the pleasure of entertaining the following high-to-do's:

* Mitt Romney
* Barak Obama
* Chris Dodd

My dad received a handshake from Obama, not because he's a supporter, but because who wouldn't want to shake the hand of a would-be president?

Romney's contingent was about the same size as Obama's, followed in size by Clinton's (not appearing), Dodd's, and lastly McCain's (also not appearing). There were some people walking around with "Rudy" posters and stickers, but nobody marching. Nothing of Edwards to speak of; however, when it comes to Labor Day I would rather more see old men in mini-cars driving around with earrings than more politicians.

Also, I find it inapropriate giving children stickers/signs/etc. with political messages that are beyond them. Similarly, the old gentleman from the nursing home who was sitting next to me with seemingly little to no concept of what is going on anymore shouldn't be plastered with 3 Hillary / McCain / Obama / Romney / whoever stickers. I find it somewhat exploitive in both cases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home