Monday, August 6, 2007

Ol' Rusty Revival?

I took the day off from work today so I could help Rob help me put a new (used) transmission in Ol' Rusty. Luckily for us it was raining for the first half of the day, but we were rewarded at the end of the 10 hour day when we turned the key and Ol' Rusty . . . still didn't quite work. :(

Well, we made a lot of progress, but we need to go back and pull most of the parts out again and make an adjustment on the new (used) transmission, and maybe get a new starter motor.

Rob was pretty bummed out, and my dad thinks we probably destroyed stuff, but time will tell on that. I'm withholding my judgment until we can pull the thing apart again. All in all it was a learning experience for me since I've never done any automotive repair before, and Rob is a good guy to learn from.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leonides said...

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

August 10, 2007 at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home