Sunday, July 15, 2007

Beer Explosion


Mike and I brewed a Dunkelweizen yesterday and everything went like clockwork. I went downstairs to check on the progress of things like I do every morning following a brewing session and the beer was frothing up nicely, actually, it was frothing up a bit more than usual, but I wasn't worried. I pointed out the extra frothieness to the parents as well as Mike and then we all went upstairs to go about our morning duties. About 5 minutes later Mom went down to the basement and let a "Huston, we have a problem" drop.

It seems as though the krausen foamed up quite excessively blocking the airlock which caused a tremendous build up of pressure blasting the stopper and airlock off (which we have yet to find) and also cause about 2 (of the 5) gallons of pre-beer to make a substantial mess.

Mike took a quick video of the aftermath which I will be posting soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home