Wednesday, November 5, 2008

VOTE THIS! - 2008


When I voted for the primary in NH I was let down when I did not receive a sticker, but here in Portland they don't disappoint!


After voting I made sure to have a beer from my proper Obama glass. If you don't get the reference, you'll need to checkup on this LL Cool J video.


Here's my Election Day Soundtrack that I put together to listen to at the brewery today:
America (Fuck Yeah) - from Team America: World Police, 2004
Courtesy Of The Red, White, and Blue - Toby Keith **
America The Beautiful - Frank Sinatra
Ballad of the Green Beret - SSgt. Barry Sadler
The Fightin' Side Of Me - Merle Haggard
America - Simon & Garfunkel
Proud To Be An American - Lee Greenwood
American Ninja - Thumper
American Music - Violent Femmes
America Is - Violent Femmes
Star Spangled Bologna - The Evolution Control Committee
I've Been Everywhere - Johnny Cash
New York, New York - Frank Sinatra
This Land Is Your Land - Woody Guthrie
What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Ragged Old Flag - Johnny Cash
You're A Grand Old Flag - from Yankee Doodle Dandy, 1942
An American Trilogy - Elvis Presley
Living In America - James Brown
Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
** This song is rediculous (which is the appeal for me), and I resent the line "We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way." That's not my view of the American way, and I don't think that helps to improve much of the world's already negative view of Americans... (lyrics)

Anyways, a very exciting moment tonight, history in the making, and all that jazz. Here's hoping towards bright future prospects.

I'm already starting to think of more songs for the next election, so feel free to offer more suggestions of additional patriotic songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home