Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Beetza - Beet Pizza


Inspiration struck me tonight for dinner - behold the Beetza!

If you like beets and pizza, than this seems like an obvious idea. After I made it, I looked online and found some other people's versions of beetza. I like the idea of making a beet sauce for our next beetza; I think that would be a delight. So, if you get the hankering, my recipe goes a little something like this:

Dough:
* 2 c. white flour
* 1 c. whole wheat flour
* 1/4 c. semolina
* 2 tsp. dry yeast
* 1 tsp. salt
* 2 tsp. raw sugar
* 1 1/4 c. warm water
* 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil

Sauce:
* roasted butternut squash
* roasted garlic
* extra virgin olive oil
* salt

Toppings:
* goat cheese
* mozzarella
* extra sharp cheddar
* roasted beet slices
* sauted leeks
* roasted garlic cloves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home