Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Biking for MS

This weekend Jon (from Sebago Brewing) and I will be doing a 150 mile bike ride to benefit the National MS Society. I've never done any sort of organized ride like this before, but I am looking forward to it. The ride is split into 2 days and the routes are as follows:

Saturday's Ride



Sunday's Ride



I will be riding my 1980's Schwinn Traveler that my friend Rich found off a highway somewhere south of Boston 4 years ago. I used the bike a lot when living in Boston, but the thing was in pretty rough shape. The cables were mostly all rusted out so the breaks didn't really work and I could only go back and forth between two gears, but things have changed since then...

I had the bike professionally tuned up a couple weeks ago and everything works swell now. I even installed one of those biking computers so I can track my speed, time, mileage, etc. and my boss gave me some of his old pedals that have toe baskets on them. Hurrah!

So, if you would like to help sponsor me for this National MS Society charity ride, feel free to check it out here. After all, you are all good people and it's for a good cause. Who could ask for anything more?

Supposedly the brewery is going to provide Jon and I shirts that say "Powered by Beer" or something. More on that as it develops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home