Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Broadturn Farm


Left: these are chickens
Right: these are the 11 eggs I picked from underneath them


Bea is working at Broadturn Farm (their blog) in Scarborough, ME; the farm is mainly a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), but she is teaching there for their youth day camp program for the summer.

The farmers and interns staying there for the summer had us over for dinner tonight during which I participated in:
- drinking their home brewed Kombucha
- drinking raw milk from their cow
- picking the eggs shown above whilst getting slightly picked from the chickens
- eating tasty fresh organic local food stuffs

They have interns that help them over the summer for harvesting and growing and such and it really reminded me of our time in Italy; it's really the same sort of deal, but here they don't get tons of free organic delicious wine out of the deal, what a cryin' shame. Anyway, the place and people there are awesome and it makes me want my own farm STAT!

Fact. I've wanted to be a farmer ever since I played SimFarm back in the 90's. Fact.

1 Comments:

Blogger Of Course the Fish Are Dead said...

Wow! So cool that Bea is working at a CSA! Consider me jealous :-)

July 16, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home