Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hoppy Birthday to me


Today is my birthday (birfday, awful definitions). Anywho, Beatrice gave me hops to plant, among a couple other things, to celebrate the occasion. She bought two rhizomes each of the Perle and Sterling varieties. I sure do hope they grow this year, it might be little late to start them and normally they would go in the ground instead of big pots, but I'm an optimistic sort of fellow. Also, hops take about 3 years before they're fully productive, but generally they do produce a usable, but small, first year crop. Hurrah!

1 Comments:

Blogger marcdog said...

happy birthday peter. now that Bea gave you hops growing medium, i have some real good cow manure from mont vernon for them. i like the can idea versus bottle as less impact on planet. any feedback on taste from can versus bottle? ready for more hot dogs.

marc

June 27, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home