Friday, February 22, 2008

Brown Bread - Great Success


SUCCESS!

The results were truly remarkable! The taste is spot on! I sliced a can up and toasted them under the broiler and ate them with butter this morning. What a delight!

I was concerned because before steaming, the color of the dough was not as dark as the brown bread I am accustomed to, but after steaming the true deep brown color revealed itself.

Point of interest, it's hard to get those little buggers out of the can! The cans I used were not the type where both the bottom and top can be removed with a can opener, otherwise I could have just opened the other end and pushed them out with ease. Instead I had to begrudgingly schmickle them out of the can using a gentle pulling motion while whispering sweet nothings into the can. Too much force while pulling would have been disastrous because it would have separated the muffin-top-like top from the rest of the loaf leaving me nothing to grip it by. That was really the only setback.

Good deal! I am looking forward to eating the rest of this batch and making more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home