Thursday, February 7, 2008

If I were a mixed drink...

If I were a mixed drink
- a haiku by me -

Me as a mixed drink?
A pickletini of course.
Make me dill, not sweet.

Last night Bea and I went out to Twenty-One for the first time, a somewhat classy bar & grill in Keene for dinner and a drink. They had quite the extensive mixed drink list which consisted mostly of specialty martinis. Although there were pages and pages of drinks I lost focus after the bottom of the first one where the Dirty Pickle Martini was listed - with pickles being my favorite thing and all, I couldn't pass the opportunity up.

I couldn't have been more satisfied! This is my new favorite mixed drink, although I'm not sure what my favorite mixed drink might have been before. The drink:
* vodka - I'm not sure what brand, but if I were to make it perhaps I would use that cucumber vodka or gin
* pickle brine - the olive brine of a regular dirty martini is replaced by pickle brine, good clear pickle brine, not that sickening green generic stuff
* dill pickle spear - a premium pickle was used, not a Shaws-brand-limp-green47-excuse for a pickle, I'm talking about a real crisp spear that you wouldn't be ashamed to eat in front of your closest friends

I thought the it was the perfect blend of pickle and martini, enough pickle to satisfy my pickle tastes without overdoing it, well, is it possible to overdo it with pickles? I doubt it.

My dad makes a swell dirty martini (with garlic stuffed olives), so I'm going to see if he can work his magic and maybe produce a couple nice pickletinis for us sometime in the near future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

what was the YouTube video? It got removed due to violation of Terms of Use. Try uploading it on Revver, they'll accept anything. YouTube moderators are fascists.

February 7, 2008 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I could kiss ya with that kind of talk

February 12, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home