Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Where are our damn internets?

So, I could have been typing this entry from home, but if that were the case then I probably wouldn’t be typing it at all. I signed us up for Time-Warner cable internet last week and scheduled the installation for today between 12-5 in the afternoon. They called me back three times to confirm that I had a scheduled appointment, 4 days prior, 1 day prior, and the MORNING OF the scheduled installation. They said they would have the technician call us 30 minutes before they were going to arrive, but by 4:30 no call ever came in. Bea called and was put through to the local office where she was told “We don’t have any work order for you.”

What?

After some run-around with that, something like the following happened:

Bea: When is the next time someone can setup our internet?
Phone lady: Oh, probably sometime next week.
Bea: Could you be more specific?
Phone lady: Well, I don’t have that in front of me.
Bea: Could you look?
Phone lady: Oh, you want to reschedule an installation now?

At this point, Bea drove down to the local office and gave the lady a Turkish wedgie while she was still on the phone with her. It didn’t resolve the problem, but it was satisfying none the less.

We do not have a installation time yet, and I am in the wireless arena at the local library once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home