Friday, April 20, 2007

Jah-Mon

Bea and I were walking into a store tonight when a friendly looking fellow was exiting. The man was black and I suspected he was a foreigner because of his had/headwear. I usually end up expressing a little little more kindness/whatever to foreigners here because I like them to feel welcome here and because I would hope people would do the same to me in a foreign country. Anyways, we made eye contact, exchanged smiles (his was very wide), and after I nodded to him and said "hello" he greeted me with a very Jamaican "Jah-mon!"

Usually the Milford area sees a boost of Jamaicans during the apple harvesting months in the fall, but they seldom stay year round.

There is little to no point here, but I thought that guy was pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home