Monday, October 12, 2009

Uncle Suprise v 1.5


Hot Dog Turnovers!
pronounced su:-pri:z (su-preez)

This is the sixth in the series of Uncle Suprises for Anna Rosemary Dahlen. Anna, Eric & Ashley, Mom & Dad, Mike, D, Bea, and I were in attendance for this Pumpkin Festival Weekend suprise in Milford, NH.

Uncle Suprise v. 1.5:
- diced hot dog
- diced Courtland apple, picked from McCould's in Milford
- extremely sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- homemade puff pastry (flour, salt, butter, water)

I think the most exciting part was making the puff pastry, which was spanned over a couple days. The last/only time I made puff pastry was as a junior in high school in my baking class, so I was a little concerned about how it would all turn out, but I was pleased with the end results. The turnovers received high marks and were well worth the effort.

Related Delights:
Uncle Suprise v. 1.4
Uncle Suprise v. 1.3
Uncle Suprise v. 1.2
Uncle Suprise v. 1.1
Uncle Suprise v. 1.0
Guy's Breakfast Hotdog Omelet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home