Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Carving


behold my pumpkin carving skills

We went to Harv and Maryann's pumpkin carving party this year to take care of business. They are fond of putting several scenes/faces on a pumpkin, so I decided I've give it a try, and luckily, my pumpkin was appropriately shaped with a nice carving surface on the fore and aft.

I drafted up a couple stencils myself with some Google images that I stencilized in Photoshop, and although I haven't normally considered myself to be a stencil guy, I may convert after my success with these pumpkins. Mind you, I'm not interested in using those pre-fab stencils, but I do like creating my own.

Anyway, Tom Selleck and the E.T. scene came out just as good as I'd hoped they would. It took a long time since I had to scrape away the skin instead of cutting out shapes, but I really like the results that technique gives.

Previous Halloween Pumpkins:
2008 pumpkin entry
2007 pumpkin entry

1 Comments:

Anonymous Zeek said...

Awesome pumpkin carvings.
I seen the ET pattern on http://www.stoneykins.com

I was going to carve that also.

Great Job !

June 5, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home